I was able to go on an adventure in late August to a nearby antique fair. A county's entire fairground was taken over by treasures from the past -- everything from boxes full of doornobs and keys to stuffed squirrels paddling canoes could be found at various stands. While I went purely for enjoyment (and to try out my new camera - 228pictures taken in a span of 5 hours) with my mom and her art group, I was surrounded by avid followers and collectors who knew exactly what they were doing and looking for. With the amount of booths and things at the antique fair, you kind of have to know what you're doing or looking for. However, don't be intimidated if you've got a day and a little ambition gear up with some cash or maybe just a camera and start antiquing -- you never know what great things you'll find!
I came across these videos of the Brimfield Antique Fair. They're a hoot and have interviews with collectors and dealers. Following the videos are some of the 228 pictures I took with my new Nikon while antiquing.
Brimfield Antique Fair: The Collectors from Cool Hunting on Vimeo.
Brimfield Antique Fair: The Dealers from Cool Hunting on Vimeo.






No comments:
Post a Comment