Do you play Words With Friends? Yea. Me too. I'm terrible at it. I'm not sure why I'm so bad at it? I had a pretty solid education and work to maintain an ever evolving vocabulary. But, I'll tell you, that game trips me up every time! I've never won a match.
A friend of mine texted me this afternoon explaining how she was playing Words With Friends against a Notre Dame graduate and he was busting out words for 80+ points in their duel. 80+ points!? I hope he graduated with an English degree or was the president of the Scrabble Club at The University, otherwise he's wasting his talent.
Anyways, all this talk of words got me thinking about how great the short feature "Words" by Everynone (in collaboration with WNYC's Radiolab and NPR) is. It took me about 30 seconds to get what was going on. But, as soon as I had that "ah-ha moment," I knew I had to share these words with my friends.
P.S. If you're looking for words to add to your vocabulary and tool box when it comes to Words With Friends or good old fashioned Scrabble: Scrabble in North America recognizes five words worth 392 points (when placed in the right spots on the board) -- OXAZEPAM, BEZIQUES, CAZIQUES, MEZQUITS, and MEZQUITE
Love words with friends and Jason totally busts out words like that. It makes me crazy. It must be a Notre Dame graduate thing.
ReplyDelete- Angie K