SATURDAY:
12:00 PM - Arrived in Cleveland and started the day with a trip through West Side Market. The place is overflowing with vibrantly colored produce, racks of meat and super sweet pastries. I was only able to purchase a box of delicious cannolis from Theresa's Bakery stand (first of my many literal carbs). But, if I lived in Cleveland this is where I would grocery shop.
12:45 PM - About a block away from the West Side Market there are a couple trendy little shops. I read about Room Service on DesignSponge.com so I knew I had to stop by that particular shop. I was then pleasantly surprised by the store next door, where all the merchandise was hand made by local Ohio artists. To top off the creative surprise, the sales associate was extremely friendly and gave lots of great tips on things to do and see (unfortunately, I can't think of the name off the top of my head and Google Maps isn't helping -- so if you're a Clevelander let me know if you know what place I'm talking about!).
1:15 PM - Lunch at Great Lakes Brewing Company. Sat on the second floor with a nice window view of a plaza across the street. 1:30 is the perfect timing for a Pow Wow, luckily, so it turned out to be lunch (a huge turkey sandwich with french fries - more carbs) with a show!
2:15 PM - The main event! Photoshoot for the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine. Kind of. Ok, that just how we were greeted at the door of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Absolutely EVERY aspect and important artifact of rock and roll is covered in the museum. My favorite part? The Hitsville USA display case, of course. Or, maybe Janis Joplin's colorfully created Porsche. It's a toss up.
5:30 PM - Nap at the hotel.
8:00 PM - Baked brie, bruschetta and wine (more carbs) at D'Vine Wine Bar.
9:00 PM - Johnny's Little Bar for a night cap. Reminiscent of a favorite and dearly loved hole in the wall bar at home, many laughs were had here. Highlight? A dog ran in and quickly made himself at home on a bar stool. When he left, Caitlin T., played "Who Let the Dogs Out" much to the bartender's dismay.
10:30 PM - On the walk back to the hotel, Horseshoe Casino caught our eye. We were there for all of 10 minutes and lost approximately $2. Huge Audrey Hepburn fan, but hate the Breakfast at Tiffany's slot machine.
SUNDAY:
12:00 PM - On the way back home, a pit stop was made for the final carb load up. Enter Melt Bar and Grilled. Once featured on Man Vs. Food, this place has a great atmosphere and DELICIOUS grilled cheeses. By far the best restaurant on the trip and a must stop if you're in the greater Cleveland area. I had the Hot Italian which made for a great lunch (and dinner) but interesting cargo to carry in a 3 hour car ride - salami, tomato pesto, garlic, provolone etc. should be grilled, refrigerated or consumed but not made to ride long distances.
Cleveland rocked and gave me my fill of weekend adventure (and yup, carbs). Next stop, Salt Lake City!

.png)
Emily lives in South Dakota...just sayin'. - J
ReplyDeleteHaha! I would love to see Mt. Rushmore! I'll have to put it on the potential list of places to go this year, for sure! Always good to have friends in unique locations.
Delete