Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Street Imagination.

As most know, I've a keen interest in graffiti, street art or just creative installations on any city street. So, it's no wonder when I saw Sandrine Estrade Ball's work I loved it. She makes the city streets come to life with her mixture of photography, illustration and imagination.

When I used to doodle in my notebooks in high school I would see how many different images I could come up with that would fit the intials of my name. That's a little hard to explain in words. But, the first letter in each of my names has the perfect angles to make a star and connect the two names together. I guess you kind of have to see it. In her artist statement, Ball explains how when we're young (if we're lucky when we're old, too) we look in the sky and come up with all these ideas and shapes of what the clouds should or could be. Ball's philosophy is that imagination and creatively looking at the world around us should never stop. So, whether it's the clouds, you're intials, or random objects on the streets, get creative and see things in a different light. Check out Sandrine Estrade Ball's imaginative work, as well!










(photos via Fubiz.net)

P.S. I want to give a shout out to my very good friend and old roommate Ashley. Ashley just started a blog. It's about color and you all should check it out. I love her current post about "technicolor trees" it makes me want to own one, which she said is possible. The blog is called The Crayon so go read for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment