Sunday, July 18, 2010

Viva La Revolucion.

I've been on a blog hiatus. I just returned from a nice vacation in sunny California. So, naturally, the Golden State is going to be the inspiration behind this entry.

While treking to L.A. one day, I was lucky enough to receive a tour of Obey Giant offices and design studios. Needless to say it was pretty awesome (I left with a bag full of stickers). Unfortunately, Shepard Fairey wasn't in because he was working on some installations in San Diego for the Museum of Contemporary Art. Today Viva la Revolucion: A Dialogue with the Urban Landscape opened at the museum. This exhibit is not strictly confined to the musuem walls, artists' work can be found throughout dowtown San Diego. A few of my favorite urban artists/street artists such as Banksy, Shepard Fairey, Invader, Swoon and Vhils are featured. I was bummed when I found out I was in California a week too early to see all the displays. But, note that the exhibit will be open until January 2, 2011. Who wants to plan a trip to San Diego with me?!




Vhils work on 11th Street and Broadway

Shepard Fairey's work on 30th Street and Ivy

For more reading:
Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego's Description of Exhibit

Article from the San Diego Union-Tribune

(photos from MCASD facebook page)

No comments:

Post a Comment