Saturday, August 28, 2010

Inspired by Iceland.

A strong tourism campaign for a state or country is one of my favorite things in marketing, seriously. Not only does it attract visitors but when emotionally driven the ads can bring a sense of pride to residents (ok or maybe it's just me, haha). I know what it is like being surrounded by a great campaign. The "Great Lake State" is no stranger to wonderful TV and radio spots narrated by, none other than Michigan native, Tim Allen. I mean I know Michigan is a beautiful state but the composition of pictures in the commercials and on the billboards really sell me on the state in which I live.

While I am extremely partial to the "Pure Michigan" campaign (the State even changed the signs welcoming visitors at the borders to say "Welcome to Pure Michigan" -- talk about branding and IMC!) I came across another tourism campaign that is exceptional, "Inspired by Iceland." Iceland may not be the first place you think to visit when planning a vacation, however after visiting the campaign website, watching some videos and looking at pictures, I think I will have to plan a trip, who else is inspired to go?!



Inspired by Iceland Video from Inspired By Iceland on Vimeo.

As for the song in the video, super catchy, I'd totally have numerous dance-offs to it. It's called "Jungle Drum" by Iceland native, Emiliana Torrini

No comments:

Post a Comment