It was a bit rainy here today. Then it got cold. The cold was followed by extreme winds. All around the weather mixture caused me to think that today would have made for a great "cuddle up on the couch, read a book and drink some tea kind of day." And if Mondays like this had their own soundtrack, today's would have been a compilation from The Ballard Sessions.
The Ballard Sessions is a blog that houses music videos of indie artists performing intimate, "off the cuff" songs. The footage makes you feel like you're actually standing in the street, a park or by the bay with the artist(s) for a private performance. The YouTube videos are definitely, a notch above any others of similar style.
While The Ballard Sessions I have seen are all great, I am quite partial to Kris Orlowski's performances. Thanks to a Washingtonian friend and his impromtu, wonderful, decision to purchase tickets to a concert while I was visiting, I've discovered how great the Seattle music scene really is!
Enjoy and don't forget to visit www.ballardsessions.com for more moody, Monday music!
No comments:
Post a Comment