Anyone feel like going to South Africa with me for the World Cup? I had loads of fun in Germany four years ago. So, just saying, let's start planning.
The Fifa World Cup tournament is 92 days 18 hours and 59 minutes away (Who's counting? Actually, I got those numbers from the official website, so don't be too impressed or worried). While the tournament in South Africa this year may be 3 months away the hype is growing strong. I have encountered advertisements and buzz all over the place.
I love Visa's "Football Evolution." It was created by Saatchi & Saatchi, London -- a major ad agency. "Football Evolution" reminds me of Coca Cola's "Sleepwalking" commercial that aired during the Superbowl, the one where the guy is in Africa and takes off all over the savana in search of a Coke. Oh, what do you know both advertisements take place in Africa, and Coca Cola happens to be one of the World Cup's biggest sponsors! Perhaps Coke was just getting pumped up for the World Cup with their "Sleepwalker" ad. Anyway, the energy in "Football Evolution" is great and don't we all wish that we could just take off running from our couches and end up in a stadium in South Africa?!
I love Visa's "Football Evolution." It was created by Saatchi & Saatchi, London -- a major ad agency. "Football Evolution" reminds me of Coca Cola's "Sleepwalking" commercial that aired during the Superbowl, the one where the guy is in Africa and takes off all over the savana in search of a Coke. Oh, what do you know both advertisements take place in Africa, and Coca Cola happens to be one of the World Cup's biggest sponsors! Perhaps Coke was just getting pumped up for the World Cup with their "Sleepwalker" ad. Anyway, the energy in "Football Evolution" is great and don't we all wish that we could just take off running from our couches and end up in a stadium in South Africa?!
(via Adoholik)
Just so you can see the Coca Cola ad, in case you haven't.
The next Fifa World Cup related item that caught my attention is the theme song for the tournament. My friend, Megan, posted it on her Facebook. It is a song called "Wavin' Flag" by K'naan. You can't help but want to go to the tournament after watching this video montage, so start packing your bags we've got a tournament on another continent to attend.
I'm seriously obsessed with this song... and I like Diet Coke and traveling so let's gooo!
ReplyDelete