When I was living the post-grad life, immediately after graduation, all I wanted to do was color and buy shoes. It was so bizarre. I'm not joking, isn't that a crazy combination of wants?
One night my roommate and I were at Meijer and I insisted she buy crayons. She said the only way she was going to buy crayons was if a coloring book was involved, as well. So, a nice Barbie coloring book was purchased and we spent a few hours adding color to the images (not going to lie I had to resort to plain computer paper after awhile because I got a little bored coloring dresses and unicorns). The next day, images of colorful Barbies hung on the fridge and I headed to the mall to buy a new pair of kicks at Journeys. Ok, I swear this story is going somewhere.
A design studio in Berlin, PKNTS, Daniel Jarosch and Henrik Klingel came up with a perfect way to satisfy my post-grad wants -- a coloring book of classic athletic shoes. The book has 100 drawings of shoes such as, Keds, Vans, Nikes, Converse, Pumas, Reeboks, etc. For reference and just in case you don't recognize the shoe, the top corner of each page has the brand name, launch date and category of sneaker.
The Sneaker Coloring Book can be purchased for $12.95 here. Let's just say, I'm not opposed to graduation gifts and this one sure would hit the spot. ;)
For more on this: CoolHunting or PKNTS
No comments:
Post a Comment