Long time no blog. I've been trying to avoid graduation.
But, things have slowly started to get less hectic and the fun is beginning. Since I am no longer a slave to Microsoft Word documents and projects I've had more time to surf around my favorite websites.
It didn't take me long to become interested in an artist, Alexandre Farto also known by his "tag" name, Vhils. He just so happens to be a street artist from Portugal. He, also, just so happens to be connected to Banksy (no wonder I couldnt stop looking at his work). According to the reliable Wikipedia, "He gained prominence when his work of a face carved into a wall appeared alongside a picture by street artist Banksy at the Cans Festival in London in 2008. A photograph of him creating the work appeared on the front page of the The Times."
As goes the story with most street artists, I can't tell you much about Vhils background. I can tell you that his work is almost unbelievable. He carves and paints city walls -- portraits of faces, words to read. He transforms billboards, paints paper, works with wood, prints and builds installations. Check out his site and get lost in his work, it's very awesome.
But, things have slowly started to get less hectic and the fun is beginning. Since I am no longer a slave to Microsoft Word documents and projects I've had more time to surf around my favorite websites.
It didn't take me long to become interested in an artist, Alexandre Farto also known by his "tag" name, Vhils. He just so happens to be a street artist from Portugal. He, also, just so happens to be connected to Banksy (no wonder I couldnt stop looking at his work). According to the reliable Wikipedia, "He gained prominence when his work of a face carved into a wall appeared alongside a picture by street artist Banksy at the Cans Festival in London in 2008. A photograph of him creating the work appeared on the front page of the The Times."
As goes the story with most street artists, I can't tell you much about Vhils background. I can tell you that his work is almost unbelievable. He carves and paints city walls -- portraits of faces, words to read. He transforms billboards, paints paper, works with wood, prints and builds installations. Check out his site and get lost in his work, it's very awesome.
(Images from Fubiz.net)
No comments:
Post a Comment