Monday, January 31, 2011

LoveLY Letters.


I ventured out of town this weekend - away from my computer but not far from my phone. As I was rummaging through my bags on the Amtrak train, a guy sat down next to me. He had a great tweed jacket on, a button up shirt, jeans, Converse shoes and glasses. It looked like he just stepped out of a magazine. While I could make up a story for everyone in my car, I'd say he simply was a grad student somewhere because he was well spoken (the few words we exchanged) and was loving whatever book he had his nose in most of the journey. I sat there alternating between looking out the window, reading articles on my Google Reader or skimming through a book by Kodak's CMO. I was kind of all over the place.

At one point, between all my reading and watching cities pass I looked over at my new friend. He was scribbling down notes and jotting down quotes. His writing reminding me of a plan I wanted to enact.

I think writing is important and sadly sometimes lost in a days work due to endless gizmos and gadgets. I also have become quite taken with little plugs of encouragement here and there as reminders of how great we, ourselves are, and the friends around us are. SO HERE IS THE PLAN:

Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I know, dreaded by most, right? However, I found 14 Valentines that are waiting for me to write little, loveLY sayings in them and send them to YOU. So, if you somehow get me your address (carrier pigeon, Facebook message, text, tweet, comment OR email me - lythelovelylife@gmail.com) I'll make sure you get a hand-written card to brighten your (Valentine's) day, how LoveLY. Don't be shy, I don't care who you are or where you live.


(Photos via here and here)

2 comments:

  1. This is the nicest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "love letters" from you since you could handle a crayon! What a loveLY idea!

    ReplyDelete