Monday, January 3, 2011

Get MUGged.

In the corporate world, you're bound to get "mugged." Calm down, a pun there was very much intended. "Mugged" in the sense that you should always have a coffee mug handy. Coffee (or tea if you're like me) does wonders both early on in the work day and for some well into the late afternoon.

If you work in an office, take a look around, your co-workers no doubt have their token mug and companion that not only resides in their office (sometimes holding pens) but is often times a perfect representation of their personality. For instance; the recent college grad proudly carries a mug with his or alma mater's mascot, the graphic designer has a mug with a Pantone color sample on it, the CEO's mug is adorned with the company logo, so on and so forth -- you get the picture and I know you know what I'm talking about.

Being a recent college grad and a newbie in the workforce I've yet to find my mug (no, I don't even have a mug from the place of my lovely undergraduate studies). So, perfect that I should find a site that can help me on my quest -- The Order of Mug.

The Order of Mug or Mug Users Guild has quite the tale - starting in Germany and landing right in Michigan's very own DETROIT! You have to check out the story. Basically, if you send $20.00, you'll get you're very own mug in return and become a part of the Mug Users Guild. It encourages the use of mugs over disposable cups and I can imagine whatever mug you receive will have a lot of character. What a fun concept!

What's your ideal or token mug?!

Here are some I'm considering:



No comments:

Post a Comment