I don't think anyone can out sass the Swedish pop star, Robyn (actually, I don't think anyone can out sass a Swede or Scandinavian for that matter, we're cut from a pretty sassy cloth). I think every song that Robyn sings has to do with breaking up, making up, or kicking butt (probably could be said about any solo female's works, I guess). The important thing is, her songs are super catchy whether in an acoustic format or dubbed up techno mix.
Think back, maybe you're more familiar with Robyn's past hits. We've got the classic songs that probably appeared on the original Now! like "Do You Know What it Takes" and "Show Me Love" You know them, don't deny it. They're jams.
So, for your listening pleasure this week I give you my three, current, favorite Robyn jams.
1) "Handle Me" - An Anthem of sass and confidence.
2) "Dream On" - Maybe Katy Perry was inspired by this song when she wrote "Firework"
3) "Hang with Me" (Avicii's Remix) -A self explanatory song but you could definitely dance away the night in a Swedish club to this one.
(YouTube the acoustic and original versions too, they're all good)
No comments:
Post a Comment